There are services in Hertfordshire that are specifically aimed at helping Ex-Forces personnel find work and develop new skills.
- Civvy Jobs – ex-military commercial job board for those who have served in our Armed Forces; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force.
- Civvy Street – Royal British Legion's employment programme.
- The List – job-seeking database for those who are ex-UK Forces.
- 4exMilitary – online job board helping ex servicemen and women from the Army, Royal Navy , RAF and Royal Marines.
- Recruit for spouses – help spouses of the British Forces find work.
- Demobjob – permanent and contract work for those who have previously worked in the Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and British Army.
- Forces Recruitment – assist Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) and Royal Marines. Military consultants understand and can help you find a job.
- Heyman Woodworth – leaders in the recruitment of ex-forces directors, managers and specialist professional staff.
- Royal British Legion – as well as helping you find work via Civvy Street, they help with finances, mental and physical health, housing and grants.
- Remploy – improve the lives of disabled people by matching them to jobs with carefully chosen employers who help them achieve.
- RFEA the Forces Employment Charity - Ex-forces jobs and career advice.
- SSAFA – lifelong support to those who are serving or have ever served in our Armed Forces.
- Pathfinder International – information on many careers including what the career involves, how to train into it and recruiters and training providers who can help you.
- Troops to Teachers – allows eligible service leavers without degrees, but who have gained qualifications or experiences in the services (for example teaching, instructing, mentoring and coaching) to enrol on a salaried, 2-year, school-based initial teacher training programme.
- SORTED! – made up of 7 different military charities, the team give employment related services and support for the Armed Forces community to help you find and stay in work. Call 0800 319 6845 to speak to a member of the team.
- Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership – supporting veterans into employment and encouraging Hertfordshire businesses to learn about the Covenant and pledge support to those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces.
The Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) encourages employers to support defence and inspire other organisations to do the same. The scheme awards bronze, silver and gold to employer organisations that demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community. You can see which employers are award holders on the Ministry of Defence website. (opening in a new window)